Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Skiing in Cortina d'Ampezzo

Sunday promised to be clear and so we decided to head to the Dolomites to try a little skiing. It ended up being a very nice day. The morning in particular was a little sunny, a welcome change from all the rain we've been having in Treviso. Although we didn't have ski clothes, and I was worried that I would be cold in jeans over a pair of Alan's long underwear (I accidentally neglected to pack my own) it wasn't too cold.

Alan hadn't really skied before, and I haven't been on skis since I was 15 so we stuck to the "baby" slope. It was much higher and more tricky than the bunny slope I first learned on in Garmisch, Germany when I was a kid. Alan was a champ, though! He took a few spills but was always game for another run.



Here he is snow plowing like a champ!















Cortina d'Ampezzo was absolutely fairy-tale gorgeous. I can see why it is such a popular destination. We hope to get back there is the spring and ride some of the roads on our bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment